Dust mite allergy is an allergic reaction to small bugs that usually live in house dust. People with this condition may experience symptoms similar to hay fever, such as sneezing and a runny nose. Asthma-like symptoms, such as wheezing and difficulty breathing, can also occur. These tiny creatures feed on organic matter, like skin scales, and thrive in padded material and humid conditions.
Both the enzymes in their stools and their hard shells can cause allergy and asthma symptoms.When someone sensitive to dust mites inhales these particles, it can trigger allergy symptoms like sneezing, coughing, runny nose, congestion, and itchy and watery eyes. Asthma symptoms, such as coughing or wheezing, may also be present. Your doctor may suspect a dust mite allergy based on your symptoms and your answers to questions about your home environment.Dust is made up of particles from shoes, people and pets, and air that enters through windows, doors and cracks in the house. If limiting your exposure to dust mite allergens doesn't help ease your symptoms, your doctor may recommend allergy medications.
Long-term exposure to dust mite allergens can lead to sinus infections and asthma.You can take pills to treat dust mite allergy, but if you're also allergic to pollen and ragweed, you'll need injections. Controlling your dust mite allergy is possible by taking steps to reduce the number of dust mites in your home. Bedding, upholstered furniture, and rugs are common places for dust mites to live.In this test, small amounts of purified allergen extracts, including an extract for dust mites, are introduced to the surface of the skin. Vacuum cleaners with bags allow dust and allergens to be kept sealed for disposal, and it can take weeks or months between bag changes.
If you're allergic to dust mites and experience an allergic reaction after eating shrimp, talk to your doctor about getting tested.You might have a relatively clean home, but it doesn't take much to create an environment that's conducive to dust mites. Their dust containers are placed on top of the trash and removed with a lever, but the release of clouds of allergens into the air can cause allergy or asthma symptoms. When you inhale the waste products of dust mites, your immune system is activated at full speed and produces antibodies to substances that are usually harmless. Some signs and symptoms of dust mite allergy, such as a runny nose or sneezing, are similar to those of the common cold.